After a power outage, some equipment (including your home phone) may need to be restarted or reset. To do this:
- Switch off all equipment at the power point.
- Wait 10 seconds and turn the power back on.
Conduct an isolation test:
To avoid unnecessary technician fees, we recommend conducting an isolation test prior to reporting your home phone fault to ensure it is not your equipment or internal wiring that is the problem. Complete the below steps to determine the reasoning for your outage:
- Unplug all equipment used for your home phone service – phones, answering machines, modems, etc. Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug one standard, working home phone into the wall socket.
- If there is no problem, reconnect each piece of equipment one by one into the working socket.
- If the fault reoccurs, it is likely to be caused by the last piece of equipment you plugged in.
- Repeat the same process for any additional wall sockets in the property connected to the phone line.
- If all equipment works on the first wall socket but the fault reoccurs on a secondary socket, you may have faulty internal wiring in which you may need to contact your electrician.
Report your telephone fault:
If you have tried troubleshooting your line and you still do not have a functioning service, please report your fixed line fault to your Customer Help Team for further investigation:
- Chat with us online via our website.
- Call our friendly Customer Help team on 1300 228 123, 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday (AEDT).